Coaching and Mentoring
Tags : Human Resources Management
You will have heard the statement People, not capital, are businesses most vital asset.There is much truth in this, although it seems to be often forgotten in times of austerity, and cutbacks.
A key attribute of a successful leader is the ability to develop the human capital, the people in your business. Training and formal learning are the traditional routes to team learning. However, as a leader, there are other methods to use including coaching and mentoring.
Coaching can enable your people to reach their true potential for the good of the business and themselves. Coaching provides a blend of thinking for oneself and learning through the experience of others. Coaching leads naturally to greater awareness in your people, and to greater responsibility being taken for their own actions, and a visibly higher level of commitment in the work force; just the environment required for survival and success for businesses today and in the future.
As a leader, you can actively coach your key people, and locate and develop mentoring programs to help them realise their potential.
This course will give the skills and knowledge to plan the development of your people, and to begin a process of coaching and mentoring high potential and key staff.
The content of this course comprises of:
- Understanding Coaching
- The Manager as Coach
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Coaching and Performance
- Identifying Coaching Needs
- Providing Career Guidance
- Developing a Coaching Program
- The Manager as Mentor
- The GROW Model of Coaching
- The Outcomes Coaching Model
- Making the Business Case for Coaching
- Selecting a Management Coach
- Overcoming Barriers to Coaching
- Evaluating Coaching Outcomes
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- CMD Management Academy is an ILM Quality Approved Training Academy.
- You get a CMD Management Academy Certificate
- All CMD Management Academy courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
Suitable For: Experienced Managers and Team Leaders
Course Duration: This course should take 10 to 20 Hours and you will have access 30 Days from date of purchase to complete the course.
Certification: CMD Management Academy Certificate
Delivery: This course is fully online
Resources: Learners manual, planning templates, self-assessment tools, additional articles and worksheets.
ILM Equivalence: 8607-530 Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring (5 credits)