Developing your Leadership Styles
Tags : Leadership
For people wanting to stand out within their workplace and gain new responsibilities, few things accelerate their careers like demonstrating superior leadership skills.
Leadership style refers to an approach taken by a particular leader. It might refer to a directive or commanding style or a participative or collaborative style. It might equally refer to a leader who has a visionary style or who is coaching-centred. Some leaders are prone to use one general style in almost all situations. Other leaders amend their style to meet the particular needs of each situation encountered.
It is important however, for the leaders to know what their main style preferences are, so that they can evaluate the likely effectiveness of that style in a given situation. Ultimately, the best leadership style may the one that is the most adaptable, a leader who is willing to move and bend their style to best fit into the situation.
The course is designed for experienced managers seeking to understand the leadership styles used in their own organization, and to develop their range of leadership styles, and apply these to differing work contexts and demands.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding leadership
- The evolution of leadership
- Understanding leadership styles
- Understanding situational leadership
- Using the 3 main leadership styles
- Understanding transformational leadership
- Leadership and employee engagement
- Leading through motivation
- Assess your leadership effectiveness
- Being effective as leader
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Middle Managers from all types of organizations, seeking to develop their ability to develop their leadership skills and knowledge.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- CMD Management Academy is an ILM Quality Approved Training Academy.
- You get a CMD Management Academy Certificate
- All CMD Management Academy courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 30 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes, this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-406 Developing your Leadership Styles (4 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
CMD Management Academy Certificate.
COURSE DELIVERY:This is a fully online course
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8600-406 Developing your Leadership Styles (4 credits)