Effective Supervision Skills
Tags : Supervisory Skills
A new promotion will mean new challenges and more responsibilities. Supervising others can be a tough job. Between managing your own time and projects, helping your team members solve problems and completing tasks, and reporting to your managers, your day can fill up before you know it.
Designed for new supervisors and managers, this comprehensive course in Effective Supervision will provide you with the knowledge and skills to lead and control your team with confidence and authority.
You will learn how to plan and control the work environment; provide leadership, support and management for your team, while delivering on business goals and targets. You will also learn how to assign and manage work, how to delegate successfully, and control the work activity to ensure standards and desired outcomes are achieved.
The content of this course comprises:
- Understanding the role of the Supervisor/First Line Manager
- Understanding the Functions of Management
- Team Goal Setting
- Organising work
- Assigning work
- Delegating work
- Implementing Delegation Successfully
- Management Controls
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Managing with Authority
- Tips for the New Supervisor
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors and Managers from all types of organisations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organisation.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- CMD Management Academy is an ILM Quality Approved Training Academy.
- You get a CMD Management Academy Certificate
- All CMD Management Academy courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager
This online course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have access for 30 days from the date of purchase to complete the course
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes, this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-311: Developing yourself and Others (3 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
CMD Management Academy Certificate.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8600-303: Planning and Allocating Work (2 credits)