ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management (Modular)
The Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management is a concise qualification designed for experienced First line managers preparing for a Middle Management role. Select any 2 courses from our list of 20 ILM Level 4 courses to get started on your career in Middle Management. You can carry these credits forward to another qualification when you are ready.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
CMD Management Academy is an Approved Centre for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM SUITABLE FOR?
The ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management program is designed to meet the needs of:
- Newly appointed Middle Managers who need to acquire the financial, commercial, and operational management skills and knowledge to succeed in their new roles.
- Experienced First Line managers who wish to acquire the leadership, and strategic management skills to prepare for entry into middle management roles.
- Managers in both the commercial and public sectors.
The ILM Level 4 Leadership and Management program is highly flexible, allowing learners to select from an extensive range of management and leadership courses. Learners are required to complete units to the value of 5 credits, from the list of courses below:
The Specific ILM Units available for study include the following:
- 8607-400 Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance (4 credits)
- 8607-401 Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity (4 credits)
- 8607-403 Managing Risk in the Workplace (3 credits)
- 8607-404 Delegating Authority in the Workplace (3 credits)
- 8607-405 Developing People in the Workplace (5 credits)
- 8605-406 Developing Your Leadership Styles (4 credits)
- 8607-407 Understanding Financial Management (3 credits)
- 8607-408 Management Communication (4 credits)
- 8605-409 Managing Personal Development (15 credits) (Diploma only)
- 8607-412 Managing Meetings (3 credits)
- 8607-413 Managing Marketing Activities (3 credits)
- 8607-415 Motivating People in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8607-416 Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions in the Workplace (3 credits)
- 8607-417 Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace (6 credits)
- 8607-421 Interpreting Financial Statements to assess Organisational Performance using ratios (3 credits)
- 8607-422 Understanding the Importance of Marketing for an Organisation (4 credits)
- 8607-427 Developing a Culture to Support Innovation (3 credits)
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practicing or aspiring Middle Managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands and have a background that will enable them to benefit from the program.
Upon purchase of this modular course, your tutor will contact you within business hours of Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm to discuss with you the appropriate courses which best suit your career goals. You will receive an ILM enrolment form and handbook. You will then have access to your chosen courses online. Tutor support form CMD Management Academy remains throughout your ILM programme.
One Work-based assignment, or written report (approx. 2000 words each) is required for each Unit.
Enrolment in the ILM is included in your course fee which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.
5 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- You get a Management Qualification which is recognised worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
- You will have email support from a tutor throughout the program.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
CERTIFICATION: ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management (upon successful submission of assignments, and meeting ILM standards)
DELIVERY: On-line with email support as required.
RESOURCES: Downloadable Learners Manuals for each course, additional articles, workbooks, and worksheets.