Leading your Work Team
Tags : Supervisory Skills
As a new team leader, you will have the opportunity to begin your career in managing people. Taking management decisions and leading your team can be challenging, and will require you to both motivate and inspire, but also to control the activities of the team.
In this course, you will learn about the characteristics of effective teams, and the characteristics of an effective team leader. You will learn how to plan the work of the team, assig work to team members, monitor and give feedback and generally control the activities of the team.
You will also learn some important techniques for motivating your team, and in helping them in carrying out their work effectively.
Oftentimes, there will be conflict in teams, and the team leader will be required to both control conflict and minimise the potential for conflict. You will learn techniques to deal with conflict, and to effectively solve problems between team members.
The content of the course includes:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Teams
- Unit 3: Understanding Team Roles
- Unit 4: Becoming a Team Leader
- Unit 5: Understanding Leadership Styles
- Unit 6: Motivating your Team
- Unit 7: Setting Goals, Objectives and Targets
- Unit 8: Delegating Work Effectively
- Unit 9: Controlling Work
- Unit 10: Coping with Conflict at Work
- Unit 11: Understanding Change
- Unit 12: Wrapping up
Suitable For: Supervisors and Managers
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- CMD Management Academy is an ILM Quality Approved Training Academy.
- You get a CMD Management Academy Certificate
- All CMD Management Academy courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
Course Duration: This course will take between 10 to 20 hours to complete
Course Access Duration: You will have access to your course for 30 days from date of purchase to complete the course
Certification: CMD Management Academy Completion
Resources: Comprehensive Learners manual, additional articles and worksheets
ILM Equivalence: 8620-203 Principles of Team Leading (5 Credits)