Managing Discipline in the Workplace
Tags : Leadership
This course is designed for first line and aspiring first line managers, and provides comprehensive guidance and practical knowledge in how to manage and maintain discipline in the workplace.
You will learn how handle challenging situation with your staff, and how to manage disciplinary processes and interviews and how to support your people in meeting the targets and behavioural standards expected of them in the organisation.
You will also learn how to monitor discipline in the workplace and know the interpersonal behaviour and support skills required by a manager to monitor discipline in the workplace.
This course comprises the following units of study:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Discipline
- Unit 3: The Legal Context
- Unit 4: Disciplinary Policy and Procedures
- Unit 5: Managing Under-Performance
- Unit 6: Counselling and Support
- Unit 7: The Disciplinary Investigation
- Unit 8: The Disciplinary Meeting
- Unit 9: Monitoring Employees
- Unit 10: Terminating Employees
- Unit 11: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organisation.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- CMD Management Academy is an ILM Quality Approved Training Academy.
- You get a CMD Management Academy Certificate
- All CMD Management Academy courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have access to the course for 30 days from the date of purchase to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes, this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8660-314 Understanding Discipline in the Workplace (2 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
CERTIFICATION:CMD Management Academy Certificate.
COURSE DELIVERY:This is a fully online course
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8660-314 Understanding Discipline in the Workplace (2 credits)