Managing Equality and Diversity
Tags : Human Resources Management
With the world becoming more mobile and diverse, diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. As a manager, you will be expected to not only manage a diverse work team, but also to ensure your organisation applies workplace legislation to prevent discrimination and conflict within the workplace.
All countries will have specific legislation in place protecting workers rights, and ensuring equality of treatment for their workers. This course will help managers understand the core principles of diversity management, and to recognise the benefits of diversity within workplaces. You will learn how to cope with diversity challenges at work, and learn to how to promote equality in the workplace, in line with legislation and management best practice.
The course comprises the following 10 units of study:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Diversity
- Unit 3: Understanding Stereotypes
- Unit 4: Understanding Discrimination
- Unit 5: Coping with Discrimination
- Unit 6: Dealing with Diversity Complaints
- Unit 7: Managing Cross-Cultural Communication
- Unit 8: Promoting Diversity
- Unit 9: Reviewing Equality and Diversity in the Organization
- Unit 10: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- CMD Management Academy is an ILM Quality Approved Training Academy.
- You get a CMD Management Academy Certificate
- All CMD Management Academy courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
Course Duration: This course will take between 10 to 20 Hours
Course Access Duration: You will have access to your course for 30 days from date of purchase to complete the course.
Certification: CMD Management Academy Certificate
Delivery: This course is fully online
Assessment: Assessment in this program takes the form of online quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
Resources: Comprehensive Learners Manual, additional articles, and worksheets
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes, this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8605-402 Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area (4 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8605-402 Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area (4 credits)