Tags : Management
According to the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard, risk is the effect of uncertainty on objectives Management of Risk is of critical importance to organisations. Businesses must identify, evaluate, manage and report many types of risk for improved external decision making. Equally, businesses need to employ risk and management and business continuity management best practice to ensure their commercial viability.
In todays business environment, risk management skills are becoming essential for managers across all levels of the organisation.
In this course managers and other professionals tasked with managing risk, will learn the practical skills necessary to perform regular risk assessments, treat and control risks, and introduce best practice Risk Management into their organisation. Participants will learn how to apply a range of essential risk management tools, and how to improve decision making through the use of fact based analysis, and evaluation of risks. In so doing, you will be able to advise on, and make commercial, operational, personnel and other business decisions for which the risks are demonstrably under control.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding Risk Management
- Understanding the Risk Management Process
- Effective Risk Identification
- Effective Risk Assessment
- Understanding Commercial / Economic Risks
- Understanding Personnel / HSE Risks
- Understanding operational risks
- Understanding Property and Security risks
- Risk Treatment and Management techniques
- Risk Control (monitoring and review techniques)
- Using the ISO 31,000 Risk Management Standards
- Conducting a Risk Assessment of your Organisation
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organisations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organisation.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- CMD Management Academy is an ILM Quality Approved Training Academy.
- You get a CMD Management Academy Certificate
- All CMD Management Academy courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have access to the course for 30 days from the date of purchase to complete the course.
Course Delivery:This is a fully on line course
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes, this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-403: Managing Risk in the Workplace (3 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
CERTIFICATION:CMD Management Academy Certificate.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-403: Managing Risk in the Workplace (3 credits)