Understanding Financial Management
Tags : Finance
Managers today need to understand Finance. This involves moving beyond budgeting, and acquiring an understanding of the key concepts involved in the organisations financial decision making.
Designed for managers in non-financial roles, this course will equip you with the knowledge to interpret financial statements easily, and to participate with confidence in management meetings and dialogue on the financial planning and performance of the organisation.
In this course you will learn the fundamentals of financial and management accounting, including financial statements, profit and loss accounts, and balance sheets.
Cash flow, profit margins and asset turnover will all be covered, and you will also learn about investment appraisal, financial analysis and the use of key financial performance ratios.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding the key roles of Financial Management and Accounting
- Financial skills and your career.
- Understanding the Income Statement
- Understanding the Cash flow statement
- Understanding the Balance Sheet
- Measuring Organizational Financial Performance
- Understanding profitability and value creation (key ratios)
- Understanding Liquidity (key ratios)
- Understanding Leverage (key ratios)
- Understanding investment (key ratios)
- Building your career with financial knowledge.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS PROGRAM NOW!
- CMD Management Academy is an ILM Quality Approved Training Academy.
- You get a CMD Management Academy Certificate
- All CMD Management Academy courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, anywhere you choose.
LEARNING WITH CMD MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a middle manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have access to the course for 30 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes, this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-407: Understanding Financial Management (3 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
CERTIFICATION:CMD Management Academy Certificate
COURSE DELIVERY:This is a fully online course
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-407: Understanding Financial Management (3 credits)